1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Repair Information

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by comingbackdown, Jan 15, 2016.

1. comingbackdown

comingbackdown Junior Member
    from 44805

Hello everybody!

First post, new to running a plow. Non-commercial. Running a 99 Ram 2500 with a 5.9 gas motor, C series plow from my research, mounted to an EZ Classic frame and powered by an E60 hooked to a touch pad.

I've got some issues with this E60.
    I figured it froze. I was right. Can't find any visible damage. When I took it off the truck the positive lug snapped off and the wire connected to it inside snapped when it spun. I know I can repair the wire if I can get inside, seeking some guidance before I try tearing it apart any farther. I also have to do something about the missing length on the outside. I'm an electronics junkie, but the only motors I've had apart run on gasoline. I can provide pictures if needed.

I'm also looking for either another E60 or an E47 as a spare. Everybody I've asked local has told me the E47 should mount right up. I know I can get a replacement motor for the pump I've got, but I'd really like to save this one if I can.

Completely new to the world of running a plow. Correct me if I'm wrong, teach me what you can, and I certainly hope this thing can be fixed. Getting this thing ready for winter has NOT been fun.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

IMO, buy a new motor then try and repair that one.
  3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to site, take above advice. Look on Craigslist for used units. The E47 will work, its just a little slower operating.
  4. 95wranglasaurus

95wranglasaurus Junior Member
    from Maine

Smith Brothers Services is an excellent resource for parts and information: http://www.meyere-47.com/

If you scroll down you'll all of their websites including one for E60.
  5. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

Ive had the exact same thing happen to my old motor. I took it apart, but was unable to repair it myself because I didnt have the right parts. I have a local starter and alternator repair guy, so I brought it to him and he was able to pirate parts from a core to fix it.

I bought a new piece, but it never made it onto the plow as he was quick getting my unit back to me, so the new unit sat for a few years as a spare until the original died.

As for your power wire issue. If you dont mind having an extra plug, when my motor started to slow down during a storm once, I quickly piggy backed my power wires with 1/0 wire that I had available in my work van. I coupled it with an Anderson SB175 connector which is now in the bumper, right next to the large plow plug. The additional power available made a noticeable difference both with the problem, and without.

Actually, when I opened up the motor to clean up the brushes after that (it worked well enough that I waited a few more months, thats when I broke the positive stud wire too lol