1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 quick left help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BIG RICK, Jan 29, 2013.

1. BIG RICK

BIG RICK Junior Member

I have 7.5 Polly plow with e60 quick left on my 04 F 250
    I haven't had any major problems yet this year but the last storm we had half way through the night everything started working really slow I thought my motor was crapping out on me so I took it apart and found a lot of corrosion. The motor is fairly new it only has 4 or 5 pushes on it and I know they should not be that much corrosion in there I think I have a bad ground what is the best way to find a bad ground and prevent corrosion to make the motor last longer also what's the best way to clean up the corrosion in there.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

when your talking corrosion,,,,,do you mean the green fruz or like rust and scale???
    pics are anys a good visual

3. BIG RICK

BIG RICK Junior Member

It's white and looks like baking soda

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well a bad gnd won't cause the white stuff. It's usually caused by water and electricity. I would look for a hole or breather or bad o-ring on the motor