1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 pump What can i do to help it?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Drottlawn, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I own all westerns, but one meyer 8.5 c plow. It seems very weak to me. If the plow is on the ground, it will barely turn the plow or sometimes does not at all. Also the other day, I noticed my guys trying to lift the plow during a push and it would not lift until they backed up off of the snow that was in front of the plow. Amp draw doesn't seem any worse than my westerns, and pump is smooth and quiet when in use. Any suggestions?:confused:

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Have you checked the pump relief pressure ?

Check to see where it is set at and start from there would be my suggestion.

TOM

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Agree. Need to start with the basic pressure check and go from there with an AMP draw test second.

If the gear pump is in good condition it should have no problem producing 2200 PSI easy. If it won't then the pump is worn, which is very common on the E60's since they have no filter on the inlet side...so anything in the fluid goes right through the gear pump. :rolleyes:

The relief valve adjustment screws also like to slowly back out on there own, thus slowly lowering pump pressure by themselves. A PSI test and set will tell you which is the culprit.

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Where do I find these adjustment screws? No filter, that is crazy! Sorry I have no clue on these pumps.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pump relief adjustment screw is under the 1" nut cap. Remove the nut and you'll see an adjuster screw that accepts a large flat blade screwdriver. Get a press gauge on it and if adjustment is needed simply turn it clockwise to raise the pressure. DO NOT set it above 2300 PSI.

misc 1 007.jpg

6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Thanks man, one other question. Where is the best spot to check the pressure?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply tee the gauge into the curb side angle hose and angle the plow to the left and monitor pump press once it's running against the relief.

There's also about a zillion posts here in the Meyer section with more details on this procedure if you'd like to do some further reading. :drinkup: