1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 pump motor wire harness

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Raymond S., Nov 25, 2010.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I have an E60 that works fine, only issue is the pos terminal on the pump motor is getting warm and in turn heating up the pos wire leading back to the truck. I checked all the connections and the pump motor is actually new. I was going to try and change out the short harness from the pump motor (18" or so). I got the part from CPW but I think they sent the wrong one. It wiring isn't as heavy as the one currently and the part # TGS0033 is written on the bag. I think it's for a spreader, not a plow.

Can anyone give me the correct part # for me or add any thoughts as to what my issue may be. Again, plow works fine it's just building heat in the pos. wire.
    Thanks for the help,

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Does the motor have ground stud or does the ground connect to the pump base? If it grounds to the pump base pull the motor and clean up where the motor mounts as it provides the motor ground.
    Also is the truck side ground connected directly to the battery?
    Meyer part number should be 15670.

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Motor also has ground stud (separate wire going from motor ground across to pump?) I'll double check the surface where the motor mounts to the pump and clean. Yes, truck side ground is directly to the battery.
    Thanks for the part #

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member