1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 pump drops C-8 too hard

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Puller504, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Puller504

Puller504 Junior Member

I swapped out my Meyer 7.5 snowplow blade for my heavier C-8 plow blade on my 1998 K3500 one ton Chevy 4x4. All went well except now the E-60 pump drops the plow so hard and fast that it'll break out the plow lights! Would someone please share with me how to adjust the pump to drop the plow slower/softer as to not damage things? Thanks for any helpful advice in advance! Don:dizzy:
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

On front of pump next to angle block is 2 caps. One is a filter and the other is the drop adjustment. A slight turn to the right will slow the drop down.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plug with the red circle is the one with the drop speed screw behind it.Remove it and use a 3/16 hex wrench to adjust the drop speed.Like lawnmedic said, give it about a quarter turn clockwise to slow the speed down.Be sure and reinstall the plug before trying the plow as if you leave it out it will spray fluid out and make a mess.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  4. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

Thread the set screw all the way (bottom it out) and then adjust is back out about 1-1/2 turns, this should be just right (you may have to fine tune it a little one way or the other). Be sure to put the plug back in before you test it, or you will loose some fluid when you run it.
  5. rollinstone

rollinstone Junior Member

I had the same problem. I adjusted the screw and the plow drops slow enough, but what keeps the screw
    from backing out again. It was fairly loose in there.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Take a look here. Drop screw fix
  7. rollinstone

rollinstone Junior Member

Thanks, I thought about doing that, guess I will now. Now if I could only it to angle without helping it
  8. oleplower

oleplower Junior Member

just wondering will this adjustment slow the up movement also
  9. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

No! :salute: