1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dbcustoms, Jan 24, 2015.

1. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

im having problems with my e60, during the last storm it seems to be working hard to lift and angle the plow(still does everything it needs to, just sounds like its working a lot harder than before). is the motor going? or could it be anything else? i have a second e60 backup pump but it can only lift the plow up about 6 inches and also sounds like its working hard.

2. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

also, i am running sam plow fluid in it

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check fluid for water and check filters. Also good to go over power connections.

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Either motor going south on you or a pump starting to bind up .

I would get a seal kit and go over the pump paying special attention to the amount of force required to turn the pump after you remove the motor housing .

Short of putting an amp gauge on the motor you will have to judge by sound if it is laying down on you .

Suggestion above is a good one about the battery connections , high resistance in either a positive or ground will cause the motor to run slower and sound different.

Good luck

TOM

5. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

ok thanks for the info, new fluid and checked filters, cleaned all of the grounds, will have to clean the positives though

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I have also had solenoids start to fail causing the problems you describe . They are worked very hard and are mearly a set of copper contacts that wear just like any other with repeated usage.

You could temporarly loop your angle hoses together and jump across the large terminals of your solenoid , if the motor seems to change sound from using the controller to engage the solenoid , I would at least suspect it. Of course , solenoids are cheap , might just replace it and throw the old one in the spare parts bin ....

HTH

TOM

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you pulled the tank? could be the sump screen is clogged, best bet, remove that puppy (as per Meyer.)

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There is no sump screen on E60.

9. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

well motor is being check out right now, how would you check the pump? which direction does it turn and what should it feel like?

10. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

well motor checked out good, but it was so corroded he couldnt get the cap off to check the brushes, now with the motor back installed it seems to be working fine. so we are thinking the brushes were stuck and when uninstalling it and getting it to the guy to be checked they were jarred loose causing it to test good. will be getting a new motor for it and keeping one for a spare