1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 problem, need the pros

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Fourtrax250R, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Hey guys, have a E 60, heres the problem, when I go to raise it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes when I go to press up, it angles left. sometimes when I go to raise it, it does nothing, but i can here the pump try. Angle right works fine all the time, but then sometimes when i try to angle left, it goes right for 1 sec, and then starts to angle left as normal. I put in all new valves, and replaced both with red and green selenoids. also, twice, when the plow would not raise, if I removed the red seleniod and the valve, then reinstalled it, it would raise and work well for a few times, and then either not work at all, or angle left when trying to raise it? any ideas? could there be crud in there? maybe i bought a bad valve? Thanx in advance guys.

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

It sounds to me you have air in your system. Try flushing the .... one ram & pump over

3. Fourtrax250R

That could be, what is the proper procedure to flush it out?

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Drain plug on pump. then refill . The plow needs to be face down. With couplings together , push to either side all the way. Crack the coupling with the juice in it and push the plow the opposite way emtying the full ram . Then using a can or empty plastic bottle , fill it , stick yer hose in the bottle and suck the good juice. Replace your coupling.there, you've donnet. Provided you have a meyers straight blade

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What style of controller do you have? Twin toggle, single stick or touch pad?

Did you replace the valves because of this problem, or previous to this trouble?

6. Fourtrax250R

I have replaced all the valves three days ago, and the selenoids as well. I have the touch pad, I also bought a new touch pad from angelos just in case, but the same thing happens. Maybe I got a defective valve?

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sounds like some air maybe. I know all my trucks, will go right the back left, a few times a year.

B&B, your going to have to hit this one, i'm not sure, every thing i would say hes change, but air in the syatem

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What style of mount is this pump on? Conventional, EZ classic (tube type) or an MDII/EZ-Plus?
    Just checking first....

9. Fourtrax250R

EZ classic.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first thing I would do is run a jumper wire from the pos side of the battery directly to the red wire coil (disconnect it from the harness). Now try to raise it, you can either use a jumper and jump the under hood solenoid to run the motor, or use the controller in the truck. After you raise it, disconnect the jumper wire on the red coil from the battery. Now lower the blade down again. Do this procedure a bunch of times in a row, does it lift every single time without a problem?

11. Fourtrax250R

ok, i will try tomorow. Thanx very much!!