1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 pressure opinion

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SteveVB, Jan 1, 2012.

1. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

I put a gauge on one of my E-60s and it's reading 18-1850 PSI. I checked it because it seems to be staining a bit. t just doesnt seem to be as fast or positive as it used to be- or at least as I remember ... Lifts and angles fine just Checked the grounds and power leads, cleaned and retorqued connections. replaced filters and fluid, Did not pull any of the valves. The pressure adjust screw seems to be at the limit of travel with no change in pressure. Motor is new last year and I have not checked amp draw yet.
    The pump would be a guess, but are there other things I should check that I havent before before replacing the pump.

Pump is 6 or 7 years old with maybe 500 hours.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

It is not too bad. Did you pull the pump relief apart and check for dirt, rust or bad check ball? If it has been 6 years since the pump was torn down and gone over, may be a good time to do it.

E60 pressure should be
    1 3/4 ram-2000 psi
    1 1/4 ram-2500 psi

3. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Get the pressure back within spec, you will be surprised the difference a 100 or 200 PSI can make. Kimber is right tare it down clean and inspect everything and replace all the Orings and seals, a little dirt or rust can hurt operation.