1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 pilot check valve?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brianbora1, Jan 30, 2013.

1. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Is the ball supposed to be stuck or should it fall out when you loosen the nut? Thanks for any input!

2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Stuck no... but may not "fall out" due to hydraulic vacuum like when you put a straw in
    liquid and hold your finger over the end.ussmileyflag

3. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Ok! Thanks! Now for another question, are the metal bearing balls the same size (the one under the b-valve and the pilot check ball)? My pilot ball was in there pretty good and my plow would not angle either way, then finally went right and not back to the left! I changed my crossover valve to the new style, changed c valve and coil with another used set( came with pump, hopefully still good! And upon first checking the relief valve there was no ball in there! I had one the the parts bag I received when I bought the pump so I put it in and the plow would not angle! Take ball out and angles good but won't hold angle! Could it be a bad PA block? Thanks again!

4. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

B valve ball bearing is 7/16.
    We will have to measure pilot bearing.
    If you energize plow motor only without doing anything else, the plow should angle left.

5. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Thank you for the info! Is the e58 valve block the new block that replaces the e60 old block?

6. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

brian, yes you can use the new valve block that comes on the E-58H on your E-60.. (you would then have a E-61) but its not just a bolt on and go. you need 2 adapters for the couplers, you need the a-valve block off, and you need to remove the drop speed adj. bolt. Besides that, the new valve blocks are bullet proof! ussmileyflag if you have any questions p.m. and ill walk ya through it.

7. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Awesome! Thank you for the info and I will definitely be in contact with you when I get to that point! Again, I appreciate the help!

8. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Bought a new pilot check valve and the check ball is smaller then the b-valve ball! Seems everything is working for now! Thanks everyone for the quick reply's! Also put together the E58 with a new ram and it too is together and not tested yet!

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed for future reference :)