1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 or E47?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gcfisher75, Nov 9, 2003.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

Hey guys first time user here and I have gotten a meyers snowplow for free, it is a older model that is 7.5' wide it came with the hyd pump that mounts under the hood and the valve body etc. Anyhow I didn't like the idea of having to set up it when it's alot easier to go with an electric setup. Money is not an object for as I see that it will pay for it's self either way, and all I was wondering was what would be a better choice to go with a e47 or and e60? I'll be plowing with a 78' Ford F150 with a 351M and an auto tranny. I have the mount on the truck already and the lights all wired up now all I need is the pump!:dizzy: Thanks in advance to all those who respond.

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I switched my E47 pumps to E 60's. They are much faster, and so far seem quite reliable. I have a lot less drain on the batteries with the e60s.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

depends on what you want to pay

always plowed with e47on a 79 f250

just upgraded to e60 on a ram 2500

very quiet low pwr draw,fast

other choice the new e57
    same shape as a e47 with the e60 motor

then you have to figure which controls

john