1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 no right turn overload when push button

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dennis p, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dennis p

Dennis p Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello again, I have an E60 H.

Plow was working great when first installed, first snow here in Ohio and I put plow on and it defaults left. Every time I touch right turn my touch pad overloads so I can not check magnitizim on "C" coil. I have cleaned all connections with contact cleaner...pulled quick connects and checked( blowing air though)..hooked hoses together and can manually turn plow.

Pulled "B" and "C" valve out and things look good...coil on my "C" valve is very very tight, as I had to use channel locks to twist it off the valve and tap it back down into position to get lock nut on.( no I did not crush it) While I had coils off I sprayed everything down with contact cleaner as there was some corrosion around bottom of coils and mounting nuts on valves.

I can hold my up, and left buttons on my touch pad and motor strains but I do not overload.. just touching right button, motor comes on for a second turns left and overload comes on and shuts down controler.

I have not used it since I installed...it acts like a bad wiring connection to me... right now "I probably can't see the forest because of the trees".. I sure could use a little input...Thanks Dennis

2. Dennis p

Dennis p Junior Member
    from ohio

Duhhhh!!

After thinking about it...I traced back from plow...main plug to under the hood wiring harness...My green wire had come unplugged ...Thanks for a great site...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats the classic sign that the C valve/stem is swollen. Might work fine for now but it will give you issues later. Don't wait for later, replace it now if you want it dependable. ;)