1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 no nothing issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrfiestas, Jan 6, 2015.

1. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Im using the common illuminated raised button touch pad and when I touch any of the buttons all I hear is what I believe is the relay under the hood click once and then all the button lights go out and unless I turn the controller off and back on to do it all over, nothing is happening at the plow. Battery is fine and trucks running and pump is fresh. Anybody have seen this problem or have an idea whats going on?
  2. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

Check primary wiring and connections. Bad motor will also "red light" the pad
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

check all connections, then check the ground again.
    if this don't do it take the motor off the pump and check for oxidation/corrosion between the motor and pump.
    clean it up with a wire brush and put a good coating of copper never seize on everything before assembly.
    same for the ground connection on the pump. remove, clean with wire brush and copper never seize.
    quick connect also.

i have to do it 2-3 times a season with my quick connect.
  4. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Well Im back in business again. Its a MDII setup so it has the multi plug which even thou I cleaned it at the beginning of the season, but apparently not good enough as that's where the problem was.
    Anybody else have a problem with that connection?
    Its a back up unit so it sits and as we all know that's hard on everything! thanks plowsteve and tjctransport!
  5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

glad to hear ya got it going again.
    i have old antique setups on everything i own, even the 02. the pump is from the 80's, the C8.5 is from 1991. .
    the new stuff just gives ne headaches.