1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 need some help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TomKat, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TomKat

TomKat Junior Member
    from Ne MN

Here goes, this is my first post so bear with me. Also my first plow. It is a meyers with an e60 pump. my plow use to raise and angle fine, lately it will do nothing. No raise, angle, it just slowly lifts blade off ground and runs out of steam. If I jiggle pump it will work fine, but only for a minute. The fluid is new and at correct level, the filters are clean, i removed the motor and jumped it and it too worked, the pump "spins with two fingers" as does the moter. There is power after the solinoid to motor, but im not sure if its correct voltage.(getting multimeter tonight). The pump is a single pole, and when trying to lift, the ground contact (bolted to the sump side) will actully smoke. Im thinking that since the motor/pump surface was oxidized that my ground is faulty. Any advice? I need help. Thanks in advance.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Replace the motor. Upgrade to the current double stud style (includes a dedicated ground terminal) to eliminate all the grounding/corrosion issues with the single stud like you currently have.

3. LON

LON Senior Member

biggest problem I've seen with the ground wire is the fact that the star washer isn't between the base and the wire end but between the bolt head and wire end. The star washer isn't for locking the bolt in place but for establishing a good ground between the wire and base!

4. TomKat

TomKat Junior Member
    from Ne MN

B&B Can my motor be used after cleaning at least to get thru this season? Or is it shot in your opinion?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well if it's an old single stud it's likely corroded inside as well, they're famous for it.

If you'd like to try and nurse it along remove the end cap (if you can even get it off, they corrode bad also thus making motor replacement inevitable) and clean out any internal corrosion from the brushes/brush holders. And also clean the area where the motor body grounds to the main pump unit. May live for the rest of the season then.

6. TomKat

TomKat Junior Member
    from Ne MN

K i give. is a 2 pole motor a direct replacement (with the exemption of the ground jumper) for the single stud or do i have to get an installation kit? And where is a good place to get one?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Order a 15727 double stud motor and if you want the terminals and drain hole on the motor to be clocked correctly also order a 15892 mounting plate. All bolt on from there.

Order from one of the plow parts vendors here at the top of the page. Helps make the Plowsite world go around.

8. TomKat

TomKat Junior Member
    from Ne MN

Thanks B&B new motor works great. Now its off to the drifts!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear Tom. Good luck and keep the wipers on. :D