1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Motor ??????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by B&E snowplowing, Jan 3, 2012.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

I have a E60 pump with Slick Stick controller.

Can anyone tell me if a bad motor will cause the following:
    Blade lifts slowly
    Blade angles to the left before lifting
    Sometimes blade won't lift at all without pushing the slick stick up a few times
    Sometimes the motor will not run just hear a click

The M1 fluid is brand new and full, both filters are new, just installed a new B valve and coil, cleaned all conections, new sump base last season, no external leaks, and I did a pressure test, and I have 2100 p.s.i.

The blade will always angle left or right on the first try everytime.

This thing has me baffelled. Thanks for the input.
  2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

I would say check the motor solenoid make sure you have 12volts come out to the motor. Al;so check and make sure you have a good ground for the motor. if this checks out ok then i woould check the AMP draw on the motor is not more then 200 amps. if you hit 200 amps Meyers say to replace the motor.
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if i remember correctly, the E-60 was designed to use either the toggle switches or the touchpad, and will not work properly with the slick stick.

the problems you are describing are exactly what happens when you put a slick stick on a E-60.
  4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

If a e-60 is wired up with the old style wiring it will work with a slick stick.
  5. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Thanks for your replys,

The pump is wired up with a brand new slick stick and new wiring harness for the slick stick, if that helps.

I will have to check the Amp draw as well, I do know that when I use the plow, the volt gauge on the truck drops to almost 9 volts from 14 volts.

on edit: the solenid is also brand new, and just wanted to add, everything is orginal Meyer parts
  6. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

ok with this voltage drop I am going to have to say the motor needs tobe replaced. but i would still double check the amp draw.
  7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would start with replacing the controller, if it is new then it should be warranty. Or at very minimum ask dealer to let you try another slick stick. Still think you may need a motor solenoid or motor also.
  8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

When was the last time your battery and alternator were tested/replaced? Also which one of your trucks are you having trouble with? What size battery is that truck? Does it work better when you turn all the other electrical thing off(ie headlights, heat)?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  9. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Mine does that when there is a bad connection at the plug