1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 motor questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tattoofever, Dec 12, 2009.

1. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

how sit going i have a diamond 8ft heavyduty blade thats at least 5 yrs old i 'm pretty sure it has the e60 pump and motor

my plow has been rasing kinda of slow deinately no where near as fast as the fishers that
    my work has . what might be a good direction to go i tryed adjusting the chain so it was tighter but that didnt help much if any, i was told replacing the motor should do the trick ,was told as they age moisture gets in there and causes rust and corosion?? sounds possible i guess but not sure this is my first electric plow always had the belt driven fishers which by the way is about how fast this thing lifts up
    thanks in advance for any help
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Very common on E60 pumps, they corrode around the mating surfaces, replace the motor with a two post motor, you will need a #6 jumper ground from the base lug up to the second ground post on the new motor.
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I would start by having a pressure check and motor current draw test done on the pump , if it has not been apart lately it could be something as simple as a clogged filter or gunked up pump.

There is a pressure ajustment on the E-60 so some pressure adjustment is possible to band aid a wearing out pump but it must be set with a good pressure gauge.

Worst case is that the motor and or pump needs to be replaced.

4. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

let me ask you this what the diffrence between a 2 post and a single post motor ?i see i can get a single on ebay ne wfor 85 shipped and a 2 post from a sponser for about 185 plus shipping? is it just that the 2 post is for newer models and by using the jumper cable you turn it into a single post ?also is there a common place where people form the site use for parts? thanks again for the help
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  5. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am pretty sure the end plate that the Motor bolts to will be different between the two.
    When i upgraded mine to a two post motor several years ago it came with a new end plate for the pump.
    Pretty sure they are not inter changeable.
    So if you have a single post motor. That is what you should order. Dual post is more desirable because it has a direct ground on the motor from the battery and it is not relying on the pump body to ground the motor. It also has a water drain so water doesn't get trapped on the end cap of the motor.
  6. rudy3652

rudy3652 Junior Member
    from usa

How do you check the motor amp draw on A E-60 PUMP? AND WHAT SHOULD IT BE?
  7. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

You're better off srating a new thread, but I"ll let you slide since you're new! According to the specs page in the manual https://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/E60 Repair Manual.pdf max amps is 150. You'll need an ampmeter capable of that many amps of course, probably an inductive type (clamp goes around the cable)
  8. IApushn

IApushn Junior Member

FYI I have an E60 and replaced the single post motor with a dual post this year. They have the same mounts and everything. They were both offered on the E60 at some point, I guess, so you shouldn't have a problem with either one.