1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 lift problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbrgary, Dec 6, 2005.

1. cbrgary

cbrgary Junior Member

I have a 1997 F250 Diesel with a Meyer E60 quicklift. Last season my plow started to really dim the lights while being opererated. The season before I replaced the two power anglers because I was getting water in the system as well as they replaced the lift seals. They told me at the time my motor would probably last only another year/season. This year I purchased a new Replacement motor and installed, the motor is turning but won't lift the lift arm. There is fluid in the unit to within 1" of the fill hole. I also noticed that on my touchpad, when I hold down the D key the "Float" light does not light anymore. For a brief instance it went on yesturday but I could not get it on again. Was wondering if anyone had any idea on what could be the problem?:confused: :confused:

2. Whip

Whip Member

If this is a MD-II unimount system, check the plug connection for corrosion. Does the "overload" light come on when trying to do either of the things you described?

3. DMR95

DMR95 Junior Member

I had a similar problem this past snow. Check your "A" valve, it might be sticking open. I believe the wire that runs from the coil of the A valve to the truck is black. I was about to replace my A valve and the coil that went along with it but a buddy of mine told me to check my connection to where it plugs into my truck, so i did. There was some corrosion on it and i scraped it off. It works fine now.