1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 left-right problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sno4U, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I'm having problems w/ my E60 lift unit.
    1st problem is when I want to move the plow left/right it draws heavily on the electrical system on our Jeep-dims lights, drops guage. Also it moves slow.
    There's no problem up & down only left to right.
    It doesn't make any bad sounds (out of the ordinary for a Meyer)

2nd: This isn't a real big problem more of a, why does it do that question.
    Say you move the plow all the way right and then you want to go back the other direction (L). The pump kind of like double jerks b/'f moving back to left. Is this b/c the blade its moving is so light (a 6.5 ft poly)?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A bad coil?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The initial jerky movement is normal to a point since the E60 is fairly fast. And would be more noticeable on a light TMP 6.5 like yours. Might want to double check for any excess play in the pivot points just for good measure though.

If it's slow and struggles to angle in both direction (left and right) I'd be checking for a possible quick coupler problem first.

Second in line would be a restricted screen on the C valve.

And the third thing would be the pilot check valve sticking in it's bore.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you are using the slick stick, changing to the touch pad will smooth the E-60 operation
  5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Sorry Basher, already got a touch pad controller. Ya know them da%@ things make pretty sore fingers after ya use 'em all nite!!!??
    Thanks for the thought/reply though:)