1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 leaks down snows coming

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bigboss1, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

ok so here's my problem last season the e60 on my one truck slowly leaked down unless i held the switch up for an extra second so i pulled the valve out blew it out reinstalled it and it was fine this year it plowed only one storm so far and worked fine now it leaks down again pulled out the valve blew it out again and reinstalled still leaks maybe a little slower then before solenoid seems to be working good does this mean i need a new valve the reason i ask is because it leaks slow in guessing it may be stuck just a tiny bit open?? any help is greatly appreciated as they are calling for some snow tonight and sat
  2. Nesit

Nesit Junior Member

Mine was doing that crap last yr, it ended up being the o ring at the bottom of the piston tube in the resivoir.
  3. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

ugh man exactly what i was hoping it wasn't so there is no chance of it being a valve??
  4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Could be the O ring, the valve, the o rings on the valve or the packing cup. Sure I am missing something but start where you like. If cleaning the A valve improved it before would lead me to think the A valve is the issue but a lot can change over a year.
  5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Its a easy fix only takes some simple hand tools and some new fluid. You could do it on the truck if you had to. But a warm indoor place would be better. Your kit is #15707SP it has all the parts for the 60 and 60h. Once you do it you will say why did I wait so long..