1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 leak

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Synergy, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Synergy

Synergy Junior Member
    from PA

I've got a problem with a Meyer E60 plow. It is leaking around the "B" solenoid when lowering the plow. I replaced the "B" solenoid and all the o-rings with new ones and it's still leaking. :realmad: Do you guys know what would cause this? The plow was sitting unused for 3-4 years. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Is there corosion or splitting on the Block?
    Can you see where it is leaking?

3. Synergy

Synergy Junior Member
    from PA

Synegy

Jeen,

Thanks for responding, it leaking between the valve body and the sump base. We found a broken bolt on that ,so we removed the body, cleaned, and replaced the bolt. It only leaks when we lower the plow.

Thanks
    Tom

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Ok did the bolt fix it or is it still leaking?

There are 3 problems that happen in there #1 O-rings could be leaking #2 there is a split in the base from freezing #3 one of the factory balls in the angling block that close up a drilling port is coming out

But with the info that it only leaks when going down makes me think that it is a crack in the base arount the A-valve. Some times these are very hard to find I often look for them with air pressure.

5. Synergy

Synergy Junior Member
    from PA

Jeen,

No, it did not help.I am going to take it back off and check it.I'm going to put new o-rings in also. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks,
    Tom

6. Synergy

Synergy Junior Member
    from PA

Jeen

Jeen,

Sorry, it took so long to get back to you. Yes, there was a crack in the case, we used J/B weld to fix it. Worked well on it. thank again.
    Tomhttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/blob4.gif
    :redbouncehttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/blob4.gif
    :redbounce:redbounce