1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 is in up position and wont lower

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrfiestas, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

I have a E60 that admitadlys been neglected but been topped off with fluid. At the start it would raise and lower and go left and right but the lower was very slow with the overload light on and it would shudder coming up. Now after trying to lower it from one of the turn positions, it no longer lowers and is stuck in the up position. What should I check for?

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Stuck valve,or maybe something obstructing the lift ram,or possibly an electrical problem does it still move side to side?

3. djr623

djr623 Member

Not sure if it's the same problem that I had but there is an adjustment screw that controls the speed that the blade drops, over time it works its way in and does not allow the blade to drop. Sorry I don't remember which port it's in but it fixed my problem.( would not lower, coil energized)

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A valve, the black wire.

either a bad valve or coil.

Put it in float see if you are getting power to the black wire.

if yes see if the coil has magnetism.

if no bad coil if yes check valve.

Careful removing the valve.

Fluid under high pressure and the blade will plummet removing toes and breaking bones.

5. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Ok, the next day I went out and its back to what it was originally. The plow turns side to side normally but going up and down is real hard for it to do as it goes down very slowly and when it raises slowly its shuddering as its going up
    . The fluid is topped off but ugly brown so Im going to change the fluid next, any thoughts on this at this point?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Drain the fluid, flush well with Meyers Hydra-flush or equivalent and refill with proper (meyer) fluid. check and clean both filters. If your so inclined you could pull the top cap and clean the reservoir, removing and trashing the suction screen while you're in there. If you do this I suggest you have a partial seal kit handy for reassembly. No use putting on dirty underwear:D, you need the white exteranl cone washers to seal the cap. While you are doing this and you have the piston/lift ram out check it against a straight edge and make sure it's not bowed/bent.:salute:

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

it would be worth the money to have it taken down cleaned and rebuilt....put a e 47 in the shop quote is 250 tested

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo