1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 H stuck up and touchpad doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by papa, Dec 8, 2010.

1. papa

papa Junior Member

I have an E60H with a raised button style touchpad controller. the lightning bolt on the touch pad is coming on when I press the down and right functions and when I press the right button the plow angles to the left instead. now the ram is all the way up, how do I get it down? and what the heck is wrong? any help is appreciated!

2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

3. papa

papa Junior Member

anyone else? help!:mechanic:

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Well you have to take one step at a time. First check the plug on the front bumper, make sure it is plugged in all the way, sometimes they can be a S.O.B. Also check the plug to make sure the contacts are clean, no dirt or corrosion. The lightning bolt symbal usually means there is an electrical problem and about 90% of what I have seen was at the bumper plug.

5. papa

papa Junior Member

the A coil was faulty and the bumper plug was also a culprit. bad connection. anybody have any tips for the plug?

6. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

With those plugs, like I said they can be an S.O.B. about all you can do is before you plug it together spray it with electrical contact cleaner, it comes in an arrosol can, then use some dialectric grease on it, the grease holps keep out moisture and fights corrosion of the contacts. I do know one guy who uses wire ties to help hold the plug together.