1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 H Control

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dennis p, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Dennis p

Dennis p Junior Member
    from ohio

I just put an E60 H EZmount Plus from a 1999 F350 onto my 1998 K3500...a little thought and re use of some brackets, fabing up ones that could not be used and some serious welding I now have it looking like it was made by meyers...I' ve looked up the schematic at Meyers and wired up the pump...I had a blown fuse in the line to the touch pad. I can jump the solenoid and it clicks...( I do not have the plow attached at this time)...I replaced the 10 amp fuse...put a jumper from the battery to the fused line in...and when I push the buttons on the controler...I do not hear the solenoid engage...The white solenoid wire is correct...the orange power lead is on the battery side of the solenoid...I pulled the cover off the touch pad and smelled an aroma of something hot at one time but did not see any burn marks on traces or any componants......any suggestions on how to test ?

Thanks, Dennis.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you referring to the small gage orange wire in the control harness as the one you connected to the POSITIVE post on the battery it's no surprise it doesn't work. The orange wire is a GROUND and needs to be connected to the NEGATIVE side of the battery. :salute:

3. Dennis p

Dennis p Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks

I guess I better get my bifolcals fixed....after I read your reply...went and looked at schematic again...DUHHHHH!!! .......touch pad...now works solenoid...

Thanks again... for the reply...Have a Wonderful...Day!!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta love those easy fixes Dennis. And good luck with your endeavor. :salute: