1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 doesn't go down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kevin003, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

My friends e60 plow will go up, left, and right but it will not go down. I have no idea why but we could not budge that pump down. Even with the plow on it won't go down. Its on a 94 Chevy 2500. Anyone know what the problem could be?
  2. Whip

Whip Member

A problem with the "A" valve (black wire) circuit or the adjustment for lowering speed. Was the plow dropping slower and slower before this happened?
  3. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

He just bought the truck a few days ago. The plow worked on the truck before and then the guy said it just stopped working. Anyways the plow never went down on its own. I fixed the solenoid so the pump worked, filled it up with fluid, and she went up but she didn't go down. It seems like no amount of force will move it down. So im guessing maybe a problem with the valve assembly?
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Bad solenoid

Try taking the nut off the a solenoid and have your friend push the down button and see if the solenoid has any magnetic field to it if so your valve is shot but if it dose not have a magnetic field it is the solenoid.All so check to see you have power to it.
  5. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

We will try that, thanks for your response.
  6. Whip

Whip Member

The E60 has an adjustment screw for rate of drop and it will run itself in thus not allowing the plow to drop. This sounds more like the issue since the plow never dropped properly to begin with. It is located behind a nut-just like a filter nut-below the "A" valve. There is an allenheaded setscrew in there. With no load on the lift-back the screw off slightly and then try it. Do not set it so the plow drops too fast as this will cause the top cap to blow out.
  7. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

How much fluid did you put into it all the way to the top or down about 1 1/2 inches from the top?
  8. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Is the A-coil the square type?? If so, there have been problems with them and it will be covered under warranty.

Meyer/Western Dealer in Ohio
  9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I actually bent the piston on my E60 last year. The pump, which I bought as a spare, was the taller type found on the MDII mounts and I didn't realize it and put it on my other truck which has the classic mount. The first time it went up, it went too high, and slightly bent the shaft, thus not allowing it to drop. Wound up rebuilding the thing with parts to make it the shorter housing.
  10. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

Ahh thank you very much for your response. This was the problem exactly. Thanks all for your responses and helping someone in need :jester: