1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 does nothing

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by iContact, Jan 22, 2014.

1. iContact

iContact Junior Member
    from 06786

First time poster, long time rader.

I have a diamond plow with an e60 pump. This morning the plow briefly wouldn't raise. Pushed the up on the touchpad again a time or two and raised fine. Went to the next site, put it into float to back drag and it wouldn't raise, left, or right. I couldn't test down since thepump was fully collapsed. I can hear the solenoid clicking when pushing the touchpad, so I'm thinking it's either solenoid, the wire to the pump, or the pump.

I had a similar (possibly same) issue before where the pump was getting enough vootage but not enough current, so I replaced the main hot wire with a jumper cable cord and bypassed the hot/ground connection and went directly to the pump and this solved the issue.

Any ideas?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well test light the solenoid, pwr in and out. That will give you a good starting point
  3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

If you can hear the electric motor running and the pump is not doing anything, unplug the black and green coil, then try going up.

If this works, then you need to look at the ground for the touchpad, and likely replace the touchpad and the resistor on the solenoid under the hood to prevent future touchpad failure.
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if all you get is the solenoid clicking, clean your ground connections on the pump and frame. you have power going to the pump but no ground. i had the same problem on my 02 with E-60 pump.
  5. iContact

iContact Junior Member
    from 06786

You were right tjc. Cleaned up the ground connection and perfect.