1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 does not lower after i full raise the plow.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mmirowski, Dec 20, 2009.

1. mmirowski

mmirowski Junior Member
    from CT

I recently rebuild my E60 works great except when I fully raise the plow it will not lower. If I do not fully raise the plow it will lower. Do I need to replace the A cartridge or is there an adjustment.

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

welcome....Sounds like your "A" valve is working if it will lower at other points of the up stroke....Sounds to me like it is something mechanical....What do you have to do to get it to lower when this happens?

3. mmirowski

mmirowski Junior Member
    from CT

I remove to solenoid then unsrew the A valvle to release the pressure. It works again untill the ram is fully extended again. (I try to avoid extending all the way) Is there an adjustment for the amount of pressure that it produces. I am wondering if when I rebuilt the unit I messed with any adjustment screws.

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

That I am not sure, don't think so...Mine is an E-47....It has a high pressure relief, but I don't think that would help you.

I am sure one of the more knowledgeable members here will pick up on this.

Just had a thought...My "A" valve was sticking a while back...it wouldn't drop in any position.........I took the valve apart and dressed the little plunger with a bit of emery cloth....made it slide a little easier....Cured mine.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009