1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 Carnage.....warning pic heavy

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dubl0Vert, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Soooooooo, I got this e60 used a few years ago. I knew the motor was installed with the wrong clocking (vent holes straight up) so I figured when it started to go I'd correct it. I had a lot of mounting fabrication to do that has kept me busy in the meantime.

Wow did i underestimate this one!!:laughing:

When I started trying to get the cap of the motor to R&R the motor started coming off....pics show the rest:dizzy:

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

You can see what i had to do do to get the cover off the motor........after the motor was off the base...... Anyone know what size Helicoil i need for the motor mounting bolts?

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

3. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Look at all the trash that was fused to the cap:dizzy:

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Check out where the water was sitting in the motor.....

IMG_0955.jpg

5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Anyone know what size Helicoil I need for the pump motor bolts?

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:from the looks of the pump i think i would replace moter mount cover and install seal kit. that pump has to be full of sludge. www.angelows-supplies.com... master seal kit 24.95 after market... meyer 100.50.. oem cover without tabs 17.50 oem with tabs 47.50 dont forget 5-16 nylite washers for moter cover 1.50 they dont come with seal kit good luck you can buy online :drinkup:

7. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Thanks Racer....luckily I have stayed on top of changing the smurf pee and cleaning out filters so I should be ok there.....though there where no washers on the motor cover, gotta get those.

What's the difference between a cover with tabs....or without?

8. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Nevermind!! Angelo's site is great and explained it to me

9. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Ok, so I'm ordering up:
    Z100788 Motor for Meyer $109.50
    Z422120 5/16" X 3 1/4" oem bolt $4.50 X2
    Z100873 5/16" Nylite washer

When i drill out for the helicoil will the shavings fall into the fluid? I'm not sure what's on the other side......

10. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

ok, never mind....new motor mount plate is easier, you are totally right.....i'm blind from staring atthe schematics & meyers manual.....

11. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:if your not changeing the cover you dont need the washers or the bolts they are needed to change cover . you cant drill through you will waste the cover their is oil behind it, it will leak,and waste the moter .moter mount holes only go so deep 1/2 in 5/8 maybe also if all you need is a moter ebay has the best price on them i think less than 80.00 free shippingussmileyflag:drinkup:

12. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic: you will be glad you did when you see all the gunk inside the pump resevoir .rinse out good with deisel fuel and when you mount new moter put some anti seeze on moter bolts :waving:

13. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Yeah.....If i can't drill it out....might as well replace it. Thanks for the help!!
    Thumbs Up