1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 c valve help me please!!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lucky4511, Dec 2, 2009.

1. lucky4511

lucky4511 Member

I was replacing the seals on the c valve/soleniod, the second time i took the coil cap off the soleniod/valve the post or 'screw' broke off the top of the valve:realmad: it still attaches correctly but i cannot but the bolt back on top of the coil cap. do i need a new valve or can i simply attach the cap securely this is a 60-100 dollar part vs a simple fix
    not my plow but illustrates the top bolt that np longer has a post to attach to
    abccoils.jpg

abccoils.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have a fix for your problem, the same thing happened to me last year. I am in the process of posting the pics but I will explain it how I did it right now. I took a small slim head screw and put it up through the hole in the top of the coil, then put a nut to hold the screw in place. I then put the coil over the valve and took two large hose clamps and put them together. I then drilled a hole in the hose clamp for the screw sticking out of the top of the coil now. Put the clamp over the screw and put another bolt to hold the coil in place and provide the ground needed. Then tighten up the clamp around the valve block and you are good to go. I will post some pics in a couple of min. Hope this helps.
    It looks like crap but saves valuable money.

3. firefighter1406

Here are the pics. Hope they are good enough for you.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

i am the same poster from a different computer
    thanx for the quick reply did you insert the bolt from inside the coil cap?

5. firefighter1406

Yes, put it in from the inside. Works like a dream. I didn't want to spend the 75 dollars on the new valve either. Both of my valve studs broke off.

6. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Hey thanx again for the info i will try your method or maybe a slight alteration, i will post my fix and results sometime tomorrow im also rewiring the 6 way light plugs from the plow side to the wire harness as well as the 3 separate wires off the coil caps into an easier 4 way connector

7. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

I just broke the B valve on mine yesterday trying to take it apart to clean up all the conections. I ended up just buying a whole new valve. I dont want to chance it breaking down in the middle of a storm.

Good jerry rig fix BTW

8. firefighter1406

I guess I will take that is a compliment.... I think. I works for me, those valves are crazy over priced,

9. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

does not make sense to me to replace the valve if the actual valve still works. i considered maybe laying a bead weld on the top hole to secure it in or maybe covering the hole and putting a bead on the base. Something small enough to be able to break it off w. a hammer and screwdriver if i ever need to get to the valve again as long as its grounded out i see no problem

10. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

After breaking one of these I found if you use a hack saw and cut the nut on two sides next to the stud the nut will spin right off. Then you can replace them with brass nuts.

11. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Does anyone know the size of the nut? I would like to get some replacements just in case I have to remove one of these valves.

12. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

f memory serves me i believe its 8 mm but then u need the tread size as well sooo..use some fluid film and be careful not to break it

13. lucky4511

lucky4511 Member

it is a 10 mm bolt on top of the coil dont know the tread size
    i got the repair done and it works like a charm, same setup as your picture except only had to repair the c coil my only other question is did you have a gap where the coil is supposed to contact the base i probably used a larger size bolt head than you, mine has a 1/8 gap or less i guess ill just put some silicone on it thanx again

14. firefighter1406

Yes I do have a small gap, I used a very slim head screw. The silicone idea should work okay. I am glad this helped you.