1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 angling problems.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Rusty2.5, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Hey guys,
    I'm new here.
    I just got a '95 f-250 w/ a meyers e60 plow set up on it.

The plow raises and lowers fine. But it will only angle left wether i push the right or left button. I borrowed a new C-valve and coil from a friend, still does the same thing.

Any suggestions on my next step?
    I did try searching but couldn't find a solution.

I was planning on trying to rebuild the crossover valve but there was some mention here about replacing the quick connects...

Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Update: Went after my first post and bought new quik couplers. came home, installed them. Same situation.
    My next move is the crossover valve. should I buy the old style "bag 'o parts" or should I spend $100+ on the new cartridge style.
    OR, am I barking up the wrong tree??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :help:

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

is the c coil getting power? if yes does it shift the valve? problem lies in this area somewhere.

4. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Well, I replaced the c-valve & coil with a new unit and the problem didnt go away. I then put the original valve and coil back in.
    I also swaped a functioning control panel from another truck and had the same problem.

5. no lead

is the coil getting power?

6. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

I didn't actually confirm that, but we tried jumping the coil from the battery and it didnt help.
    I'll double check that tonight.

7. LON

LON Senior Member

Hook the red wire from the truck side to the green wire coil and hit the up button. If it angles then the problem is electrical. If not it is in the unit.
    Douubt the cross over is the problem as it effects boths sides equally when blown. Plow will switch left & right depending on which side is loaded more.
    Check pilot check and see it the spring is broke or the poppet is stuck.

8. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Hooked red from truck to green solenoid. Same deal, motor/pump runs, sounds like it's trying to go left, but its already full left.

9. LON

LON Senior Member

Can you get it back to center to ensure that it is not in a mechanical bind. If it over runs the stop it can get in a mechanical bid / over extend the cylinder.

10. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

It's not mechanical. If I relieve the pressure from the right cylinder and couple the hoses to each other the plow will pivot left to right.

11. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

When you angle right ,is there magnetism at the C coil ?

Where abouts in Philly are you ?

TOM

12. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Nasty-z,I'm in Abington, philly 'burbs.

I checked magnetism at c coil when pressing the "right" button.
    It's magnetic. I've never done that test before, how magnetic should it be? I could feel it with the screwdriver, but it wasnt difficult to pull it off, just a little "sticky".

Lon, what's the pilot check?

13. LON

LON Senior Member

that nut right between the red & green wire coils that takes a 13/16" wrench. Take it out and the poppet is under it. On the bottom side directly below it is a plug that takes an allen wrench, it holds the sping and ball in place

14. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

I'll try and check that out tonight.

Thanks for your help LON.

15. Go to www.meyerproducts.com click on tech support then click on service manuals. Under make a selection, find the hydraulics section, and at the bottom of that list is the tech manuals for all of the meyers pumps.

16. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Thanks partsguy!

17. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I had A C-8 plow, when it was angled one way it would not move. Found out the plow was moving to far to one side and the angle cylinders would not move it. Could put the side of the plow against something and put a little presser on it with the truck and hit the angle and it would move. Found out Meyer had a Service Bulletin on this and they added 3/8 or 1/2 inch metal pieces to the stops so the plow would not travel as far to one side.

18. Rusty2.5

Rusty2.5 Junior Member
    from Philly

Thanks for the info.

But in this case, and maybe I should have been more clear, If the blade is straight and I push the "right" button, the plow angles left. It does the same thing when I push the "left" button. The only way I can get the plow to move right is by unthreading one of the fittings to release the hydraulic pressure and physically push the plow right.

19. clinicalenginee

clinicalenginee Junior Member

Sorry to jack the thread, I saw it was relating to e60 issues. We have an e60 and when you try to lift the blade, it angles to the left instead of lifting. It usually starts working fine then after about 15minutes of use it starts angling left instead of lifting shenanigans. Any diagnosis on this? Could you please PM me so we don't get the 2 problems confused?
    Thanks

20. no lead

lets back up rusty. put the new coil and valve back in. unhook the red and black wires. with the green connected does it magnetize and go right? yes or no. now run a wire from the battery to the green wire and push the control left. does it go left? yes or no.