1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e60 angle question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MahonLawnCare, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys...I searched this topic and found similar stories but not mine exactly...

I bought a Meyer plow this season and its a C8 poly straight blade. It's pretty heavy. With that said when I lift it up it is really slow and sluggish. When I angle it to the left it takes forever but angles to the stops....NOW THE FUNNY PART...when I angle it right it doesn't angle all the way to the stops and doesn't completely angle. Now, I bought this unit used and was told it had a new motor on it last year but I don't buy it. I believe judging by the other threads the motor is garbage which would explain why it moves so sluggish but whats up with the angling thing? This is my first Meyer as I run Boss's. The Boss's lift and move circles around this thing so I'm concerned it's going to screw me over in a big storm and I wanna get it fixed right now before I need it. Thanks guys.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have you checked for a mechanical/binding issue? If not, disconnect the hoses and connect them together. See if the blade can then be fully angled to the right by hand. If it doesn't then you've got a bent cylinder, A-frame, or sector.

If it does, then it's a hydraulic issue that will require further diagnosis.

3. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

thank you kind sir...i will check it out...gonna need my vitamins because that plow weighs a ton

am i accurate on my thinking the motor is on its way out?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Sounds like the motor, I would check that out first.. If not, your pressure relief valve may be stuck partially open........but, I would be betting on the motor

5. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

how do you know if its the relief ? and how do you adjust it?

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Just a guess.........There is an acorn nut at the back of the pump...take that off, loosen the lock nut and turn the screw in a little....That pushes on a spring and tightens the valve a bit....might help.

Was just thinking.....Your fluid may also be freezing....common problem on Meyers......I would try flushing and changing fluid......also try cleaning the filters

7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Was just looking at a diagram of an E-60....doesnt seem to have a relief valve, just a check valve...probably not adjustable.

8. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

9. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

the fluid is fresh...i just changed it...thx for the info i will let you know what i find later on today when i mess with it