1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 and me.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Ffred, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Ffred

Ffred Junior Member

E60 and me. Rebuild or run it... Used unit, leaks straight down. A valve poppet moves ok. I have seal kit for valves and entire unit, but would like some more info before 'tearing' into it. Lift ram has pits, not real deep, but still there. Questions at this point: start w/A valve seals, clean ram and replace seal on it, or get new ram first. Survived first year with an old E47 and some 'minor' service. Any info would be appreciated. -Ffred
  2. fxcars

fxcars Junior Member

replace O rings on all the valves then the one on bottom of rod tube then the plunger on bottom of rod little pitts are ok just clean the rod up with steal wool when you have it apart.
  3. Ffred

Ffred Junior Member

Bottom ram seal was shredded. Cleaned all parts, strainers-[filters], and replaced seals. Unit holds pressure now and is ready to rock. Now just need some SNOW to push around. Thanks- Ffred.