1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 and E47 units, what to expect for selling prices?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Aug 8, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have an E60 that has new seals, new motor base, new two post motor and new cylinder shaft, functions perfectly. I also have an E47 that I went through, new seals, no leaks, cylinder shaft does have a couple of slight pits but doesn't seem to cause any issues, also functions perfectly. They are both painted and ready to go. What kind of numbers shold I expect to get for them and should I wait until fall to sell?

I used the 47 while getting the parts for the 60, then swapped to the 60 late in the year.
    thanks,
    dave

2. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Hey dave dj1,

Is the 60 easily swappable with the 47? Never really looked at that.
    I have a 47 that has been running fine but may want a back up system.

Let me know what your asking for each of them.

Thanks,
    Paul

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

as far as all the connections, yes they swap, the issue I had going from the 47 to the 60 is that I had to put the 60 on basicaly backwards because of my mount hoop. (mine is a hybrid hoop). Depending on what mount hoop you have I guess.
    I will let you know on price ASAP (i am still not sure what they are worth) been watching ebay etc. trying to come up with a fair price.
    dave

4. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Dave,

What I needed most was a motor, which I have bought off of Marine Sniper last night (plus a bunch of other stuff I needed), but a complete working backup would be a smart move too.

Sounds like the safe bet for me would be the E47 unit, since my set up is still all original.
    Let me know what you think is a fair price for it and we'll see if its in my price range.

Thanks,

Paul

5. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Hey Dave dj1,

Any thoughts on my last message?

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm sorry Paul, with this storm and work I haven't had a moment to do anything, give me over the weekend.
    thanks,
    dave

7. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

No worries Dave, I forgot to look to see that you were in the storms path.

Lots of time before the snow flies.

8. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Just keep in my mind that rebuilds with a core can usually be bought for around $300-$350. If yours are both in good shape, painted, and recently rebuilt (within the last 2 years) I would think $150-$300 depending on the time of year and the market in your area.I usualy see recently rebuilt used pumps in my area for around $225-$275 So Thats the price range I would start with and go from there. The e60 is suppose to be a better pump so you may be able to get a few more bucks for it but honestly I dont think that meyers has much of a difference in any of their pumps.

9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

If I couldn't get any more than that I will just keep them.
    Where can you get rebuilts for that low of a price? the lowest I've seen is in the 5-600 range.

I was going to go to under the hood hydraulics but time won't permit it now.
    Sorry Paul, if i come across another pump I will let you know.
    dave

10. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

If the price isn't right ...keep it as a back up. Having a pump to swap out at 2 A.M. is priceless.

11. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

yup, think that's what I'll do.
    I was hoping to mount a hydraulic powerpack under the hood and get things out of the weahter but I don't think it's possible with all the other junk under there! LOL
    The airbox is about the size of a small dog house.
    :mechanic: