1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E60 2 lug motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hbracing, Jan 9, 2010.

1. hbracing

hbracing Junior Member

always had good luck with my older equipment but had to order a new e60 motor and it came with 2 lugs and no diagram. looking thru the forum I know one is for ground. Since I have a 50% chance of burning something up could someone set me straight on this!!! Would be deeply appreciated.......Thanks

2. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

A2 is positive , D1 is ground , be sure to use the suppied jumper from the D1 lug (and ground wire) to the sump base , it is needed to ground the solenoids as the new 2lug motor is an isolated unit . Did you get the motor as a kit with a new baseplate and groundwire , or just the motor itself?

TOM

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  4. hbracing

hbracing Junior Member

yes I believe it was the whole motor and base plate with the wire. Base plate meaning the end of the motor that mounts to the base of the pump? and thankyou for the info guys

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Then you should be all set , wire it up and plow some snow :D

TOM

6. hbracing

hbracing Junior Member

you guys are great. Thanks for the quick response. We are in Nebraska and are finally getting a winter you can make some money with. Rumors are flying of another big snow around the 15th to the 20th I think I can probably speak for everyone in this area BRING IT ON. Can't make any money sitten on the couch. Again thanks for the help