1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H vs E57H vs E60H

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrfiestas, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

Can someone please explain the differences, charactereistics and why we need so many different models and which is best? thx
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

One of Meyer's newest pumps. Replaced the E57. The E58H only comes in the H variant. Capable of 2000psi and uses the newer style valves and coils.

Upgraded version of E47 by using the larger motor. Available in in both H and standard versions. Capable of 2000psi, which was an improvement over the E47 1650psi. Uses older style valves and coils.

This was designed to be a faster/stronger replacement of the E47. Available in both H and standard versions. The later models were capable of 2500psi. Used older style valves and coils. There is a E61H that used newer style valves and coils. I consider the E61H somewhat rare since you don't see them very often.

Now if I had my choice of the 3, I would use the E60. I used an E47 for many many years with only a few issues. Couple of C valves quit, one coil and one motor. I personally like the old meyer pumps because of their simplicity.
  3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I'll explain all of this.

First off. The "H" simply denotes a longer stroke lift ram (8" vs 6")

So, all of these models are 2" taller than a regular E57 or E60

The E57/E57HH is really just an E47/E47H with a bigger 2 pole electric motor, and thus a bigger pump to mount that motor.

It is functionally the same as an E47, with most parts from the base to the valve block being swappable with an E47. The valve block is a bit different, with the quick connect ports being in different locations from the previous generation of valve block, but functions the same.

The E58H is NOT available in a standard E58 model from the factory, although it can be made into a 6" stroke pump with E46/E47/E57 parts

The pump and motor are identical to the E57's.
    The base is NOT the same as an E57/E47. It has been bored for the A valve, but never cross-drilled or threaded, and without the protective cup cast into the base like an E47 for the A valve and coil. I believe that with a plug, you can use an E47/E57 base on an E58H, but not vice-versa.

The E58H has the newest, most up to date 3 coil valve block. The coils are sealed coils with a (deutsch?) connector and have positive and ground built into that connector. The coils presumably will have a longer life than the previous generation of coils.

Benefits of E58H over E57H;
    Sealed coils
    Adjustable drop (on side of angle block. Allows you to adjust how fast the blade drops to the ground)

The E60H, depending on how new or old it is, can come with the same valve block as an E57, or the older valve block that is most common on E47's and E60's. Again, this is just a difference in location of quick connect ports.

The E60 is arguably the fastest of them. It does have adjustable drop, but it is not externally accessible (simply remove a plug on the front to adjust allen head screw inside...no/minimal fluid leaks out to do so)

The reason it's arguably the fastest is simply design superiority. It holds more fluid, has a better pump pressure relief valve, the hydraulic pump itself (inside pump) is heavier duty and capable of more instant feedback.

Even though it is arguably the fastest, it is only marginally faster than the E57 or E58, and takes up more room dimensionally, so that is a factor to consider.

They are all good pumps. The E58H is the most modern (and current) production pump. The 57 and 60 are no longer in production.

You can put an E58H valve block on an E60H to make an E61H. faster, more reliable coils and valves, relocate adjustable drop to external for ease of adjustment.

The E57H would currently be the cheapest option, if you can find one. E60H would be about the same cost as an E58H

You have to remember that Meyer is constantly improving their pumps and they ARE the industry leader in full electric over hydraulic pumps, having been the first company to develop and mass produce them, eliminating cable op pumps from their inventory.

Models available would be (in close order of production):
    U13 (cable op, no angling)
    E45 (similar to U14, but electric)
    All the following could be had as an "H" type as well
    E46 (same as E47 up but no angle block)
    E47 (angling ability, 4 different variations of valve blocks)
    E48 (very rare, 4 coil on valve block setup, used to control belly grader or rear plow on some goofy truck or another)
    E57 (bigger motor, more torque, faster than E47)
    E60 (sideways motor, faster by design, but sharing many similar parts)
    E58H (new valve block design, exterior adjustable drop)
    Next two are vary similar, save for a check valve IIRC Used on early V style pumps and/or the quick attach "Express" plows
    Then the V series, which I know nothing about

I'm curious, why do you ask?
  4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

buy a e 60 or e 60 h. the best fastest pump meyer made . easy to maintain, easy to service . 2500 psi
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I would actually say that the E58H or E57 are easier on maintenance, for the fact that the motors don't hold water in the end and corrode into the side plate.

You don't know how many E60's I get coming in because the owner tried to take the motor off and stopped when the end plate was seized into the mounting cover. It's not like they're hard to get off, a crow's foot or hooked prybar will pop them off from the bearing hole, but people don't have much for common sense.

E60's are faster, but not by much. You need to remember that they put out 2500PSI because the piston diameter in the lift cylinder is tiny compared to the E47 or E60H. It takes more pressure with a smaller diameter to create lift.

The E60H should only be putting out 2000PSI. That is factory spec because the piston diameter being almost twice as large only requires that pressure to lift at the same rate. Adjusting pressure over specs is not advised.

The E58H and E57 both are very close to that in pressure adjustment.
  6. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

I'm running all E-61H's and E-58H's except for one E-60H... The new valve blocks are great... the coils and valves are of superior quality!! I have a friend running the E-72 which is there premium pump.... its also working nicely. I def. noticed a nice increase in speed, especially on the bigger plows going from the 58H to 61H... on my Lot Pro 8.5... its a huuge plow... On my smaller Drive pros... doesn't matter as much... Still running an E-60H on a C8.5 Plus mount.... years of service with no issues.
  7. mrfiestas

mrfiestas Member

To answer our question the reason Im asking is that I have a choice of which pumps to run, having both E57H and E60H and was wondering which is the preferable one to keep in terms of dependability and performance.... thx
  8. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I would keep the 60 over the 57 any day.