1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H pump trouble??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dirtboy953B, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Hello all,
    I have a new plow this year,a 8.5' Meyer with a e58h pump,a few days ago was the first time it was used,it's brand new. However I broke two angle cylinders on the passenger side,the plow was almost strait when it happen both times,and I barely touched a curb and that's when the broke both times,I have been plowing a long time and have never broke one before,so I'm wondering I'd there might be a relief valve that's not working in the pump or what? Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Crossover Relief valve is supposed to protect the hydraulic rams from impacts. What is breaking?

3. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

The right hand/passenger side hydraulic ram,the barrel is what's breaking,not the rod

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Breaking the end off? You can try turning the smaller bolt in center of crossover valve out a bit if you don't have a gauge to test the actual relief pressures.

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Would you mind describing EXACTLY how it is breaking? Providing a photograph would be ideal. It is very difficult to give you an idea what to look at without knowing what exactly is happening.