1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H pump fluid

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by johndeere318a, Nov 20, 2010.

1. johndeere318a

johndeere318a Junior Member
    from CT

What color is the fluid in the E58H pump suppose to be?

2. johndeere318a

johndeere318a Junior Member
    from CT

Any ideas? I know all the Meyer plows I had in the past with E47 and E60 units had blue fluid. But I bought a used plow with an E58H unit and the fluid in the system is a light brownish color.

3. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

I know Meyer and S.A.M. brands are blue. Boss is red ,and on a pinch have mixed for use in middle of the night. Is the pump new or used ,where has it been sittin all summer. If in dought change now and not in the middle of storm push at 3 in the mourning . I would flush the whole system , what ya talkin 2 quarts in all ?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

light brown color is dirty atf. i would flush as well and add blue fluid. soon.

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

The new genuine Meyer M1 fluid is not blue, its the color of hydro fluid. The S.A.M. meyer fluid is still blue.