1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chevyfan400, Mar 4, 2015.

1. chevyfan400

chevyfan400 Junior Member
    from NH

Hello need help with a e58h this unit came into the shop with a default left angle after testing a few things found truck battery unable to supply ample power to the unit -new batt seemed to work fine (in the shop ) next storm back in the shop harness pins looked very green ( replaced harness -complete ) new solenoid -ok working in shop again -next storm you guessed it --back to left default mode tested coils A=7.6 B=7.8 C=8.0 .....replaced motor no change found new solenoid cooked ..replaced working again ,, no its back in .... swaped touch pad with pistal grip no change ... Please can anyone point me in the right direction ...

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check supply voltage to the control. Does this have the round bumper plug or square one? Check coil grounds where they bolt to motor.

3. chevyfan400

from NH

square plug can you explain more on the coil grounds has new harness -do you mean test ground wire at the coils ?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

See if the coils are getting grounded properly through the studs and bolts.
    Have you also cked the grounds?

5. chevyfan400

from NH

I guess Im not fallowing ...the coils have two wires ..ones hot and the other is a ground .. your saying the studs get grounded ? its my understanding the two wires make the complete coil circuit ... if im missing something please explain ...:)

6. kimber750

The negative stud should have a few small ground wires going to it. Make sure connection is clean and tight.

E58 should have plug in connectors with signal and ground wires. These are the square coils.

7. chevyfan400

from NH

I have round coils with square plug connectors the 3 white neg wires coming off the neg side of motor are all new and tight ...

8. kimber750

You check the supply voltage to control? Should be red wire with a fuse inline. Either you are not getting 12v to start or you are loosing it along the way. Also make sure solenoid is wired correctly and not shorting to ground, this could cause your voltage drop.

9. chevyfan400

from NH

ok that's for the tips I will check them out ..

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

E58 should have plug in connectors with signal and ground wires. These are the square coils.

Ok.I'm thinking the round one wire ones