1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H intermintent pump motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowrangler, Dec 16, 2010.

1. snowrangler

snowrangler Junior Member

I just got back to shop tonight after having issues with pump motor.it all started with solenoid clicking,no motor,after checking battery connections it started working a few times then again quit.I decided to get out test light,tracked it down to power into motor but not back out,ground side.maybe brushes?got air hose blew thew vent hole on motor,got huge black cloud wondering if that means motor is not long for this world??-its working fine now.:mechanic:

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I would take the motor apart and clean the inside with some electrical contact cleaner and clean up the ground connections. I'm not too familiar with the E57 but I think it uses the same motor as the E60.

3. snowrangler

snowrangler Junior Member

So later on the motor copletely quit.I hooked up jumper cables directly to motor,nothing removed motor from pump assy.Not trusting myself and motor was still under waranty I took in to meyer repair tech and he did just what I had done but it ran for him. I finally convinced him of intermintent problem,he pulled it appart and it looked terable.The armeture by his estemate had looked like it came off of a ten year old motor and the wires that went inside the brushes were not even attached,had to pay for new motor untill warranty gets aproved dammit! 200.00$ oh well plowing again.