1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Jan 4, 2013.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I got hold of a new E58H pump last year, never used it as we had no snow, now I have plowed twice with it and I'm having a problem, it won't hold an angle. If I have it angled left and hit something (snowbank) on the right side it will swing right.
    I know that the crossover valve is what controls this but are they adjustable on these newer pumps. Any ideas?
    thanks,
    dave
    The last one I had apart was an older E47 and an E60. :mechanic:

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

E58 should have same cross over valve as E47 and E60. Yes it can be tightened but be very careful, if it is set to tight it will damage the C valve or other parts if you hit something. How hard are you hitting the snow piles? May be working just the way it should be.

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Not hitting them hard at all.
    If I get a chance I will look into it, is it located at the bottom of the block?
    thanks btw:mechanic:

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

see picture in for sale parts forum, i have 3 new ones i came across.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be on side of angling block under the big acorn nut. You only want to tighten the smaller center bolt. You may also want to check o rings on C valve. If any of these are damaged/missing it will cause same thing to happen.

6. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

did you purge the air out of the cyl

8. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Thanks for the help. :mechanic:
    How/why would there be air in the cyl.? So I guess the answer to that is no, I thought they self purged though.
    I've had the plow three years, first year I had the E47, old as dirt and worked flawlessly. I reconditioned it and peddled it and bought the new E58..This is the first time I have had the chance to use the E58. I didn't have time today to look into it, I was helping a friend install a Meyer plow on his Jeep.:mechanic:

9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I know, life got in the way, I finally had a chance to look at the crossover valve today. It moves but looks like the spring on the bottom has been rubbing, it is shiny and rough looking. I tightened the allen screw up a little bit. I'll have to wait and see how it behaves the next time I put the plow on.
    thanks,
    dave

10. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Meyer pumps will not self bleed the rams but for a few small bubbles...you need to manually purge.

How did you get the lines to hook up? E58H valve blocks use 9/16-18 thread O-ring fittings, not 1/4" pipe. So, if you are still running quick connects instead of the typical hard mount e58 hoses, and you are using the new style E58 couplers on the lines without the 9/16 ORB to 1/4 pipe adapters you are sucking in air. This may not necessarily leak out fluid, so much as it will suck in air...which will pretty much lock up the pump, or allow relief of pressure.

11. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Heah, thanks for the feedback. I believe there are adapters that came on it.
    I'm sure it's not air.

12. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Post a picture of the lines and quick connects.

Only other thing in my opinion would be to replace the crossover seals...best done with the pump upside down on an e58h

13. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

The quick connects are nothing special, SAM brand I think.
    I have a custom mount on my truck that I built, the headgear stays on the truck until spring, I have two receiver tubes that I slide the headgear into. I take the plow itself off between storms.
    I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    Thanks,
    dave

14. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

If they are s.a.m, what did you use to adapt them to the E58H valve block?