1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e58h hardly moving up or right and left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by biggyee, Dec 13, 2010.

1. biggyee

biggyee Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a e58h and new to the Meyer plow system. I was plowing my lot and all of sudden the unit started moving very slow up, right and left. Now it hardly moves up or right and left. The motor is working and and i checked all of the wiring connections. And those seem to be tight and sound. I checked the filters and clean as it can be, and fluid up to par. When i pulled the filter, fluid was kinda thick but it was also cold. Any help would be great.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's froze up. Get it indoors and thawed out then throughly flushed.

3. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

agreed! moisture freezing up and jelling the fluid. mine did it last year since i park outside all the time and i got lazy. big mistake on a 3 degree day

4. biggyee

biggyee Junior Member
    from ohio

Well the verdict is in and yes had some water in the pump and the internal filter had alot of junk build up.
    But now it seems the coupler lines are not 100% sealed when everything is put back together i have very minimal oil on the couplers. Do you guys think this will correct itself, because the couplers are only about a month old?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A little seepage isn't uncommon, especially if you're not running matched couplers.

6. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

I JUST BOUGHT A E58H TOO AND THE SAMETHING HAPPEND TO ME IT WAS THE ORING BY THE coupler ADAPTER CHANGED THE ORING AND FUILD THE FUILD I HAD ONLY THE BLUE ONE ON HAND TOOK ABOUT 3/4 OF A BOTTLE AFTER THAT IT IS FINE