1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E58H angling help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mcgyver2112, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Mcgyver2112

Mcgyver2112 Junior Member

Won't angle to the right.I swaped the coils with the raise coil and it still raises and drops fine. Pulled the valve out and it looks ok. I don't know if there are any parts in the valve that can brake, but it looks ok. The unit has only been used for a couple of months last year, so I don't think the valve is the problem.After trying to angle it, I have a lot of pressure built up in the hose going to the right cylinder and have to use a pliers to uncouple it. The left side hose comes off with no problem. I noticed in the blow up diagram that there is a dual check valve in the block. Could that be my problem? or what! Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Greg

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I haven't looked at a 58 diagram but given you have a lot of pressure built up on the right cylinder, the cylinder that should be bleeding of to angle right, it sounds like the pilot valve isn't opening. At least that's what I'd think on an E47.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Mine will do that it the plow sits for a few days, don't know why? Then you are good to go. What always works for me is to have someone help push the plow while angling. Doesn't take much, just slight push or nudge the plow on a snowbank. I think Meyer has problems with the one piece crossover valve.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like a bad coupler to me. Replace both halfs and don't go cheap... This is one thing you get what you paid for. Replaced ones on a plow a few years ago because they were looking bad with a set from Tractor Supply. Had the same problems. Put the old ones back on, and still using them today.