1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57H pushing fluid out of breather...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gcfisher75, Dec 29, 2009.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

Hey guys i have a E57H that is pushing fluid out and it's quite a bit... when i fill the pump i make sure the ram is all the way down... then i take the little plug/breather out of the top.. it's 7/16 size and fill the pump to almost the top... but it is leaking the fluid from the breather i am almost certain... i don't know when it does this but it runs down the front of the pump and it actually has gotten on my hood i assume from shooting out of it... am i doing something wrong?
  2. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

dose it do it all night. if not try this u mite be filling it up to much try to but a little less in. but if it dose u mite a new breather
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're filling it to the top then you're over filling it. Should be no more than an inch and a half to the top max. A plastic wire tie makes a very handy "dip stick" to check it.
  4. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

alrighty i'll do the dipstick thing... if that doesn't work ill replace the breather... thanks guys