1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57H pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m.$terner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Does this pump have to be used on all the meyer md2 plows. I have one im trying to sell and was going to have a rebuilt e60 for it but I noticed these all come with e57h pumps. its is a c8 with a dual chain hoist but I wasnt sure if the e57h had to be used for a specific reason or if was just what was used at the time

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't have to be a 57 but it must be an H series pump with the 2" extended length lift ram, meaning an E47H, E57H, E60H etc.

3. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

it does not have to be an "H" model, an e 60 will work fine it simply will not lift as high. an e60 can be rebuilt into an H. or you can buy my e60h with a broken base, swap out your base or take my lift ram and cylinder and put it on yours.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Precisely the reason for an H...

5. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

your not making sense you said "but it must be an H series pump with the 2" extended length lift ram, meaning an E47H, E57H, E60H etc". he just wanted to know if he can use an E60, yes he can and its not a "must" just what it came with. it will work like an ez mount classic now.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That is where your misinformation stems from. The distance from the lower mount to the lift arm pivot is greater on an MDll/EZ-Plus than it is on an EZ-Classic, therefore the need for the taller H series pump. Why do you think Meyer used them exclusively on the MDll/EZ-Plus? Go hang a standard pump on an EZ-Plus and you'll see why.

7. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

This was my concern.lol anyways the e60 I have is going to need rebuild anyway so if i do should I just have the 2 inch higher piston in it?. I have the e57 H from it but the cap is broken and I was planning on saving it and using for my 8' EZ classic because my truck overheats and the higher pumps seems to make a difference.

8. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

Put a air scoop on the top of the lift arm makes a big differance for the overheating I am building one I will post pictures after it is done right now I am rebuilding my pump before I mount the air scoop

9. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

yeah id love to see it. feel free to send pics to me as a message or give me a link to the thread .

as far as the H pump issue is concerned I actually sold the plow with no pump so its not an issue. The guy i sold it to has used an e47 for the last 2 years on his plow truck. It sits a little bit low compared to what an H pump would but he said he has had no problems with it. So guess an H pump would be better but does not HAVE to be used on the md2 plows