1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57H pump 9' plow drifts downward

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Oxmow, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Dow anyone have the fix for the blade on a 9' plow with an E57H pump on it that drifts downward?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I replaced the lift solenoid and cartridge valve as well as the O-rings on the base of the ram sleeve, the O-rings on the ram itself as well as the cup on the ram.

I pulled out the B valve and stretched the spring under the ball check and it stopped for several hours of use, then started drifting down again.

I am wondering about the other check valve in the pump assembly?

Anyone else got an idea?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When it leak's down does it also angle to the left slightly?

5. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

No drifting to the left.

I replaced the "B" valve and we'll see. It stopped drifting sometime in the night before i replaced the valve, but i replaced it anyway.

Its also good to know none of the cartridge valves control the left angle option.

One for up, one for down, one for right.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it seemed to "fix itself" then it might have just had a piece of dirt or debris stuck in the "A" valve (black wire).