1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e57h can hear solenoid click but won't raise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tree bizz, Jan 26, 2014.

1. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

I have an e57h with a touchpad control.Sometimes I have to hit the raise button 8-10 times before it will raise the blade.I can hear the solenoid under the hood clicking when I hit the up button but nothing else happens.It only does this when trying to raise,angle is fine,drops blade fine.And it doesn't always do it when trying to raise the blade,yesterday it was constant but today it only did it once.Any ideas?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like control is on it's way out.

3. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

I thought about that but I figured since the solenoid was clicking the control must be sending voltage,what am I missing?

4. kimber750

Doesn't make sense since you have had no issues with angling. You can put a light on signal wire to see it is sending power to solenoid next time it acts up.

5. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

which one is the signal wire?

6. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

wait a minute...it has to be or the solenoid wouldn't be clicking right?

7. kimber750

Are you 100% sure it is plow solenoid you here clicking and nothing else. If so you could have motor or solenoid going. Like I said it is odd that you are only having issue with up and not angle. This points to control. But solenoids are cheap if you want to replace it.

Signal wire should be white.

8. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

actually I'm not 100% sure,i just assumed.You know what they say about assuming,lol.I'll check into it,but if the motor was going it would act up during angle also correct?And if it's the solenoid it should also act up on angle,correct?I was just looking at a wiring schematic and this problem just doesn't make logical sense.

9. kimber750

Correct, may be a fluke that solenoid or motor are only acting up when trying to raise or could be control. Just try to test it when it is acting up.

10. iContact

iContact Junior Member
    from 06786

clean your wire connections. Twice I would be getting 12+volts to the pump but not enough current. Most recently the solenoid would click up, left, right but I got no pump, ended up being the ground connection on the pump 2minutes and sand paper and good as new.

11. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

Must have been a coincidence like Kimber was saying,because now it's doing it on up,and angle just like your talking about.I have an aftermarket motor on this pump and it only has a stud for the positive wire none for the ground so you may be right.If that ground isn't a good connection that would explain it.I'll look into it tomorrow.I know for sure it's not the controller because I switched it with one I know works and it still acts up.

12. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

fixed it!! It was the ground that bolts on to the back of the pump.I took it off and it was so corroded I can't believe it would work at all,actually it probably was only days away from not working at all.Thanks for the help guys!