1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e57h can hear solenoid click but won't raise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tree bizz, Jan 26, 2014.

1. tree bizz

tree bizz Junior Member

Have an e57h and sometimes it takes 8 or 10 tries to get it to raise.I have a touchpad control and i'll keep pushing the up button and I can hear the solenoid under the hood clicking but nothing else happens.then all of the sudden it will raise.It doesn't do it all the time and it's only the up button,it will angle and drop with no problem.I wouldn't think it's the control because like I said I can hear the solenoid click so it must be sending power,right?I thought maybe the motor isn't grounding(aftermarket one stud motor)but if that were the case wouldn't it act up when angling to?I suppose the solenoid could be bad but in my experience when they go bad,thats it they don't work off and on.Any idea's?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Put a test light on the positive lug of pump motor. Hit the switch to see if light comes on. If it clicks motor relay (solenoid) and light does not come on move test light to output side of relay. If light stil does not come on u need a new relay. If it lights up check motor power cable and plug. If light comes on at motor but it does not turn it's either bad motor or motor ground.
    What u describe is strange. All these options should effect both up and angle but may just b coincidence. I agree it's not controller because relay is clicking.
    But what is an E56H? That's not Western or is it very old?

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I see E57H is a Myer plow. I think there is a section here for Myer where you will get better help, this is Western section.