1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 will not stay up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Feb 1, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

My E57 will not stay up. When raised, it drops in less than 5 seconds. I have replaced both A and B valves with known good ones. I also have checked the packing cup, cylinder and ram condition. When it falls, I hear a gurgling sound inside the pump. What should I check next?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you replace the packing cup and cylinder base O-ring after you did you inspection? If not. tear it down again and change them while at the same time checking over the sump base with a fine tooth comb looking for any cracks in the casting.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have a similar problem when i lift the blade, over time it goes down about an inch and no further the pump is full of fluid

JR

4. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yes, I did the packing cup, cylinder base o-ring and upper o-ring along with the wiper. This one drops all the way down. Are the 47 bases known for anywhere specific or common to look for cracks due to wear or water freezing. I will tear down again and look closely for cracks inside. As always, thanks B&B for the knowledge.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your issue is very common and likely due to rust/pitting and the very top of the lift cylinder (usually about the first inch). Once it leaks down to a "good" area of the cylinder the packing cup can then seal against the good portion of the cylinder wall.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They'll split near where the cylinder O-ring seats in the sump base.

And also in the cavity between the sump base and the gear pump...although there they'll leak externally.