1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57, where are the filters at?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by whisperer, Dec 7, 2009.

1. whisperer

whisperer Junior Member

Sorry, I'm new to this. I used this new-to-me plow a couple of weeks ago and it worked good but the angling was spongy. When I parked it I left it in the down position and when I fired it up today the blade would not drop and then quit angling (after the angling did work at first). All the solenoids are fine and the controls all work but it has air in the system. I am going to change the fluid, bleed it and clean the filters but haven't done this before on this pump/plow so any tips would be appreciated.
    Also, after I ran it into the warm shop and let it sit and warm up the down worked. Is it common to have water in the system? I haven't seen any but I can't see why it would have froze unless that was the case.
    Is it OK to use a normal good quality hydraulic fluid?

2. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

Yes it is ''normal'' to have water in the Hdy fluid doesn't take much in cold
    weather to freeze it up,filters are in lift pump

3. whisperer

whisperer Junior Member

Right I understand they are in the pump but where? Are they behind the plugs in the front base, which ones, and are there more then 1? Thanks much.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

External serviceable filters are where shown...

There's also an internal filter that requires ram dis-assembly for service. But you'll probably find it will need to be partially disassembled anyway to remove all traces of water. As once it's in there it's nearly impossible to remove it all with a drain and flush. Too many trapped areas in these pumps that a flush will not get. Same reason many guys tear them down for a freshening every couple years.

1qws.jpg

5. whisperer

whisperer Junior Member

Thanks very much. I'm going to do the flush and suck out as much as I can with the Mighty-Vac, then fill it with good fluid and bleed everything. In the spring I will tear it down and manually clean everything. A picture is worth a thousand words - Thanks!