1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 really better than E47 ??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by HeavyD, Jan 9, 2010.

1. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

I have a chance to buy an E57 locally that looks to be in great shape. I have an E47 that I just put new valves & solenoids in....is the E57 that much better or should I just stick with what I have? What would be the advantages with the E57? I'm plowing with an old 6.5 on a Jeep Cherokee Sport. Any thoughts would be helpful.
    Thanks !

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only differences is the larger 4.5" motor, higher volume pump, and will have the SAE O-ring style couplers. The 57 will be faster, that's it.

3. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

figured that id ask this here rather than start new thead. Got a couple E57's and am happy for money. Lookin at an e47 that works perfect for $440 as a back up pump. we run 8ft blades and was wonderin if i would be dissapointed in e47 and should wit for an e57 or e60 thanx, BEAR

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most guys who normally run E57's and 60's fall asleep while waiting for their E47's. Including me. :D

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As B&B said speed, but as a plus you can use all your new coils and soleniods from your E-47 on a E-57.

6. gamberbull13

Thanx b&b but will I be disapointed

7. gamberbull13

Oh and is the e 60 worth the money or should I just stick with the 57's

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disappointed? Probably but that can only be answered for certainty by you. If you're accustom to the speed and decent lifting power of the 57's and 60's I'd have to say yes you would be.

The 57's are a little better than a 60 in their motor longevity since they're vertically mounted so it reduces corrosion issues on the motor that the 60's are well know for. The biggest disadvantage with the 57 over the 60 though is that they have no drop speed adjustment as I'm sure you're aware of. But either would be quicker than a 47.

9. gamberbull13

Thanks again b&b