1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 Pump C Valve Replacement Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rcnease, Jan 24, 2014.

1. rcnease

rcnease Member

I am working on a Meyer E57 pump. I need to replace the c valve, and I took the coil off. I took loose the solenoid, but as I turned the threaded part out it came apart. Now the lower part with the "O" rings is stuck in the base. Does anyone have experience with how to get this out without hurting the block / threads? I appreciate any help someone can provide.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Maybe this will help you, I use a small pick.
    dave

3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Pull the armature out of it if it didn't come with the housing, then you will need a small right angle pic that can handle some torsion. Lock it into one of the ports and twist as you remove.

You could also use an easy out that will fit in that hole to get it spinning so it can be pulled. But I think you are going to have a lot of issues with the valve block if that was that stuck that it broke the snap ring.

Did you swell the valve, or stop getting right angle?

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Hmmm, I thought I posted a link to the schematic, if you google E57 meyer pump you can find exploded views of you system.
    dave