1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 or E58

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by robmints, Aug 1, 2007.

1. robmints

robmints Junior Member
    from MD

It is $100 difference. What should I get?

Thanks guys!

They are both H models.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go for the E58 without a doubt. The E58 has the new style updated valves and coils with the weatherproof electrical connectors that will be much more reliable. That's the only real difference between the E57 and E58 but it's well worth the $100 upgrade.:nod:

3. robmints

robmints Junior Member
    from MD

Thanks B&B, with an OK from the Minister of Finance I'll order it tomorrow.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Are you buying a whole new plow or just replacing the pump?

5. robmints

robmints Junior Member
    from MD

IGTBG,

I got some excellent advise from you, Basher and others when trying to figure out how to put an old Western on a 2006 Dodge. Money was and continues to be a real sticking point so I needed to compromise. I copied a unimount and made something very similar and mounted it to my truck and added some arms to my plow to go in the recievers. So the grunt parts look excellent IMO.

But I don't feel the old cables and doing some half baked wiring job is a very good idea since you and Basher pointed out all the drawbacks. So I am going to buy a new Saber light kit, isolator, and hydraulic carton from Meyer. Going with Meyer as opposed to Western will save me about $400. And in my area Meyer is much more popular and there are a pretty good amount of dealers and even some retailers like Tractor Supply carry some Meyer stuff in season. The only Western dealer close by has yet to call me back since May when I called them. And then called them again to remind them to give me a call. I did not feel there was going to be enough support when I needed it to get Western parts.

My plan is to get a new pump, cylinders, lines, fittings, lights, adaptors, isolator, and touchpad. I have heard that the pistol might be nicer but the touch comes in the carton.

Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me because I sure don't have enough experience to know ahead of time. Thanks!

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would really not recommend trying that. 1st your just asking for problems by going with a meyer pump. I would just get a iso wiring set up from western. Convert the western cable operated to a electric control. (there is a kit) Put the new western head lights on it. Basically the same things you have to do to make a Western Unimount work when you used the ultra mount conversion. Your current western pump just need to be over hauled a little. This would be a whole lot cheaper. Send me a PM with ur phone number so I can better explain it to ya.

7. robmints

robmints Junior Member
    from MD

PM sent.

Thank you very much for the offer of help.